- Protect the State public funds and the private funds managed or supervised by any of the entities subject to SAI audit, provide an assurance on the efficacy of internal control, audit systems and the appropriateness of financial and administrative decisions and actions as well as their compliance to laws, regulations and other regulatory decisions.
- Ensure the enforcement of laws, regulations, systems and decisions in accordance with the jurisdiction of SAI.
- Prevent conflicts of interest and financial or administrative violations.
- Detect deficiencies or weaknesses in the applicable financial and administrative laws, regulations, and systems in force and recommend measures for rectification.
- Carry our preventative audit and ensure the sound conduct of work.
- Evaluate the performance of the entities subject to the audit of SAI and ensure that the resources are utilized with economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Detect the reasons for deficient output and performance, and assign responsibility.
Article (8) from the State Audit Law